Tuesday, December 12, 2006

remember others during the holidays

Like everyone else, I find myself very busy this time of year - work, life, crocheting gifts for the holidays. My crafting for charity hasn't been as fruitful as during other times of the year. I deal with this by doing a bit of extra shopping. I ordered some small toys to send to the Cancer Institute for the kids who can't be home for the holidays. Nothing religious - good for all the kids, but a little something for them to have when they know other kids are home with their families.

If you are able to donate a gift to a toy drive or local organization, it's a nice thing to do. If you can't, perhaps there is a way that you can volunteer and hour to visit with sick kids or with folks in a nursing home. It's so easy to help make someones holidays brighter. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home