Saturday, November 04, 2006

It took a while,

but I finally managed to lay out ALL the squares for the EA Cares Afghan!

I tried to balance colors and textures. It's going to be a very large afghan, and I think it will be beautiful!

I'm going to edge the squares in a light brown and blue - which I think will blend well with the squares. I am a bit nervous - I don't want to screw this up. We have beautiful squares, but they're not all exactly the same size and thickness, so it may be a bit of a challenge. It surely will be a labor of love.

This photo shows all the squares layed out in order:














This is a close up (sort of) of the top 4 rows:
















These are the bottom 4 rows:

3 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Beading Help Web Editorial Team said...

OMG, that is turning out fabulous!!!

D - you are such an angel for putting this together - literally and figuratively. I think the afghan is going to be lovely, and it's all because of YOU. :-)

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Wormie said...

No. This is a real group effort. We have a few crocheters, and the Horsemen's mom who brought this family to our attention, and DC who is helping arrange delivery. I do think this will be a very pretty afghan, but it's because we have some great people who are trying to do something good together. :)

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm at work right now. I'm crying. You guys are the best. All of you.
:love:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home